ABOUT THE EVENT
- What is Focus Canada Japan?
Focus Canada Japan 2019 brings together representatives from over 50 leading Canadian seller organizations with qualified travel agents from all over Japan. It provides outstanding opportunities such as one-on-one meetings with Japanese buyers during the Marketplace to build valuable relationships in order to grow your business and great networking platforms during various functions throughout the event. This biennial event takes place at the prestigious 5-star hotel, The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka in 2019.
- Who can participate in Focus Canada Japan?
Invitations will be sent to qualified and approved Sellers and Tourism Partners on May 21, 2019 and onwards. Seller delegate registration is by invitation only. If you have not received an invitation but wish to be considered for this year’s event, please contact Focus Canada Japan Office.
- What is the format? Buyer or Seller Seated?
Sellers are seated at their designated table and the Buyers move from one appointment to the next. All delegates will meet every Japanese buyers, one-on-one.
- Do I have to stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka?
- When can I begin to request appointments?
No appointment is necessary. You will meet all participating buyers one-on-one.
- Will there be power available at the table booths?
There is no power at the tables however but you may order electrical outlets when registration for recharging your computer and other electronic devices. CAD $30 + GST/HST will be applied.
- Am I allowed to bring signs or other collateral or promotional material?
No signs, posters, or pop-ups are permitted. You may bring brochures and other collateral material as well as small giveaways such as USB’s, candies, key rings, etc.
- How should I ship my collateral & promotional items?
If you have promotional or other materials you would like to ship prior to your arrival, please use the following address and include all the information below:
The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka
2-5-25 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001 Japan
Attention: Mr. Kazuyoshi Fujimoto
Remark: Focus Canada 2019 on Oct. 28 & 29, 2019
Name of Participating Delegate and Company
Your item(s) must NOT arrive before Oct. 26, 2019.
- What is the dress code?
- Will there be WiFi access on the event floor?
WiFi will be available in the banquet, meeting rooms and other public areas within the venue.
- Will media be attending Focus Canada Japan? Will I have a chance to expose my story ideas to them and give interviews?
Yes, trade media will attend this event.
- How many appointments can I secure?
You will meet all participating buyers one-on-one. In 2017, 45 companies (72 buyer delegates) participated.
- Will company profile directories be provided?
Yes. When you arrive at the event, you will receive a binder containing information relating to all companies and delegates attending plus your appointment schedule.
- Are there interpreters available at the Marketplace?
There is no interpreters available at the Marketplace meeting.
- How much does it cost to register (participation fees)?
The cost for a seller organization including two delegates is CAD $2,000 + GST/HST each. An additional delegate may be added for a fee of CAD $1,000 + GST/HST.
- What are the cancellation terms?
- ・No penalty for cancellations received before August 30th, 2019.
- ・No refunds will be issued for cancellation received after August 31st, 2019.
- I attended Focus Canada 2017. Is there a way to re-apply easily?
To register for this year’s event, you will need to complete the full registration process.
- Can I modify the delegates participating after I have registered?
Yes, you may make necessary modifications to your registration information. Please contact Focus Canada Japan Office.
- Can I attend without purchasing a booth/registering for Focus Canada Japan?
No, you must be registered for the event to attend.
Accommodation and Travel
- Where should I stay?
Destination Canada has secured a special discount room rate block with the host hotel for the Focus Canada Japan participants. Please see See Hotel and Travel
- Is there airline discount available to attend Focus Canada Japan?
Air Canada provides Focus Canada Industry Partner Delegates with a special industry discount fare. Please see See Hotel and Travel